In honor of Veterans Day, the National Park Service is offering free entrance today for veterans and their families.
Veterans Day is one of five days of the year that NPS waives the entrance fee to any park.
According to the NPS website, fee-free days give those a chance to experience more than 400 parks available at no cost. Some parks do not have an entrance fee to begin with.
The free entrance does not cover amenity fees for activities such as camping, boat launches or tours.
The @NatlParkService will commemorate #VeteransDay on Monday, Nov. 11, with special events & FREE admission. Plan a visit to one of your 419 parks! 🇺🇸 https://t.co/R75DzWoBiN— National Park Service (@NatlParkService) November 9, 2019
Image: Reflections at @GrandTetonNPS /J.Bonney#FindYourPark pic.twitter.com/WBG0LVBB2I
Here are some of the parks, sites or trails you can visit in Colorado:
- Bent's Old Fort National Historic Site
- Black Canyon of The Gunnison National Park
- California National Historic Trail
- Colorado National Monument
- Curecanti National Recreation Area
- Dinosaur National Monument
- Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument
- Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve
- Hovenweep National Monument
- Mesa Verde National Park
- Old Spanish National Historic Trail
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- Sand Creek Massacre National Historic Site
- Santa Fe National Historic Trail
- Yucca House National Monument
For more information, you can visit the NPS website by clicking here .