Trader Joe's announced a recall of certain frozen vegetables Wednesday because they may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
Listeria may cause symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain, and diarrhea in healthy individuals but can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
Officials said the following products, from any lot containing the code “BF” [e.g. 115 16 BF 22:58 C PRODUCT OF USA], may be contaminated:
- Trader Joe’s Organic Peas (SKU/Barcode 00496636)
- Trader Joe’s Petite Peas (SKU/Barcode 00122689)
- Trader Joe’s Organic Whole Green Beans (SKU/Barcode 00169219)
- Trader Joe’s Organic Broccoli Florettes (SKU/Barcode 00542784)
- Trader Joe’s Organic Foursome (SKU/Barcode 00908672)
"Out of an abundance of caution, all products from this supplier have been removed from store shelves," the Trader Joe's website stated. "If you purchased any of the affected vegetable products with the "BF" code, please do not eat them. We urge you to discard the product or return it to any Trader Joe’s for a full refund."
"We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience," officials said.
If you have any questions, you may call Trader Joe’s Customer Relations at (626) 599-3817 Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Mountain Time.