Bar-S Foods is recalling some of its hot dog and corn dog products that may be contaminated with Listeria, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service.
The following products are being recalled:
- 16-oz/1-lb. packages of “BAR-S Classic BUN LENGTH Franks MADE WITH CHICKEN, PORK ADDED” with “Use By” date of 10/11/2016 and case code 209.
- 12-oz. packages of “BAR-S CLASSIC Franks MADE WITH CHICKEN, PORK ADDED” with package code 6338, “Use By” date of 10/10/2016 and case code 6405.
- 24-oz./1.5-lb. cartons of “SIGNATURE Pick 5 CORNDOGS – 8 Honey Batter Dipped Franks On A Stick” with a “Use By” date of 4/6/2017 and case code 6071.
- 42.72-oz./2.67-lb. cartons of “BAR-S CLASSIC CORN DOGS – 16 Honey Batter Dipped Franks On A Stick” with “Use By” dates of 4/7/2017 and 4/8/2017 and case code 6396.
- 48-oz./3-lb. cartons of “BAR-S CLASSIC CORN DOGS – 16 Honey Batter Dipped Franks On A Stick” with package code 14054, “Use By” dates of 4/6/2017 and 4/9/2017, and case code 14038.
The recalled products have an establishment number “EST. P-81A” inside the USDA mark of inspection.
The hot dogs and corn dogs were shipped to stores nationwide.
There have been no confirmed reports of illnesses or adverse reactions due to consumption of these products, officials said.
"The firm has not received test results for Listeria monocytogenes in connection with the recalled products, but due to recurring Listeria species issues at the firm, it has decided to remove the products from commerce as a precautionary measure," according to the USDA.
If you have any of these items, throw them away or returned them to the store where you bought them. Consumers with questions about the recall may call the Bar-S Foods Consumer Hotline at 1-888-965-6134.