ESTES PARK, Colo. -- Rocky Mountain National Park, and National Parks across the country, are offering free admission this weekend.
The free admission is being offered August 25 to August 28 to celebrate the National Park Service's birthday. This year the Park Service is 100 years old.
During free admission weekend, visitors get free entry. However, other fees such as reservation, camping, tours, concession and fees collected by third parties are not included.
If you can't make it to a national park this weekend, there are two more free admission days in 2016 -- September 24 (National Public Lands Day) and November 11 (Veterans Day).
Colorado has four national parks -- Rocky Mountain National Park, Mesa Verde National Park, Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve and Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park.
Here are some great things to do in Colorado's National Parks:
- 7 MUST SEE things to do in Rocky Mountain National Park
- 7 shortest lake hikes in Rocky Mountain National Park
- Celebrate Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park (video)
- Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park with a fishing pole
- A year at Rocky Mountain National Park (video)
- Hiking the Curecanti Creek Trail at Black Canyon
- Hiking to Chasm Lake, Rocky Mt Natl Park