If you're looking for free things to do this summer with the family, several museums and attractions across the state are offering free admission.
Denver Art Museum
Denver museums, attractions
A variety of Denver museums and attractions including the Denver Botanic Gardens, the Denver Children's Museum and the Denver Museum of Nature and Science offer free days throughout the year thanks to a cultural tax paid by shoppers in the seven-county metro area. See the calendar of free things to do here.
Colorado museums, attractions
Twelve attractions on Colorado's eastern plains are offering free admission from Memorial Day to Labor Day. They are:
- ELBERT COUNTY MUSEUM 515 Comanche Street (Hwy 86) Kiowa, CO 80117.
- BAILEY SADDLELAND MUSEUM 20140 County Rd. 125 Simla, CO 80835.
- LINCOLN COUNTY MUSEUM 617 3rd Avenue Hugo, CO 80821.
- LIMON HERITAGE MUSEUM & RAILROAD PARK 899 1st Street & Exhibit Building 701 1st Street Limon, CO 80828.
- ARRIBA MUSEUM 711 Front Street Arriba, CO 80804.
- FLAGLER HOSPITAL MUSEUM & HAL BORLAND ROOM311 Main Avenue, Flagler, CO 80815.
- SECOND CENTRAL SCHOOL MUSEUM 404 Fourth Street Flagler, CO 80815.
- KIT CARSON COUNTY CAROUSEL & MUSEUM Kit Carson County Fairgrounds 815 15th Street Burlington, CO 80807.
- OLD TOWN MUSEUM 420 South 14th Street Burlington, CO 80807.
- KIT CARSON MUSEUM 202 W. Hwy. 40/287 Kit Carson, CO 80825.
- CHEYENNE WELLS OLD JAIL MUSEUM 85 West 2nd Street Cheyenne Wells, CO 80810.
- MOUNTAIN STATES TELEPHONE & TELEGRAPH MUSEUM 50 South 1st Street Cheyenne Wells, CO 80810.
My favorite is the Kit Carson County Carousel, but each museum has different hours and different operating days and some require that you call for an appointment. Thank you to Danielle for this tip!
If you know of a free attraction families would enjoy, email me so I can include it and save us all money! Deb.Stanley@kmgh.com And check out more deals on my Facebook page.