With summer approaching, if you're looking for help getting in shape (or staying in shape), we have several free workouts.
Yoga in Cherry Creek
The JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek is offering a free new outdoor yoga series led by yoga instructor Savanna Sweetland. Open to both hotel guests and the public, the class is held on Sundays this summer from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on the JW Marriott Denver’s elevated Sun Deck. PrAna Cherry Creek is providing eco-friendly yoga mats. After class, participants can enjoy a complimentary mimosa or Bloody Mary with the purchase of brunch at Social Fare Denver Dining & Drinks. Register here . Classes started May 18.
Civic Center Park
The Civic Center Conservancy hosts several free workouts in Denver's Civic Center Park from late-April through mid-October:
- Monday evenings (6-7 p.m.): Yoga with Fold Yoga, all levels yoga class.
- Tuesday lunchtimes (12:15-1 p.m.): Full-Body Workout with Pearl Street Fitness. Expect a class with a series of strength, conditioning, and cardio blasts that will balance your body, rev up your metabolism and leave you feeling uplifted. All levels welcome.
- Wednesday mornings (5:30-6:15 a.m. and 6:15-7 a.m.) year-round: Free Fitness Tribe with November Project-Denver. The exercise routines are scalable for people of all shapes, sizes, and athletic abilities to run, climb, and burpee at their own pace. In 45 minutes, they promise a tough workout.
- Thursday lunchtimes (11 a.m.-noon): Yoga Cross with The River and Fitness in the City. Yoga Cross is a dynamic combination of functional fitness and yoga all in one hour. Expect 30 minutes of functional fitness training followed by 30 minutes of power vinyasa yoga.
- Thursday evenings (6-7 p.m.): Power Vinyasa Yoga w/ The River.
F3 Denver offers free, peer-led workouts for men in the metro area. There are workouts in Littleton, Arvada and Commons Park. Learn more here . Thanks to Geoff for this tip.
Planet Fitness is offering free passes for teens (ages 15-18) this summer. Learn more here .
Denver Recreation Centers
Kids ages 5-18 who live in Denver should sign up for the free MY Card. One of the perks of the card is free admission to the city's recreation centers. Learn more here .
If you know of a free workout class, let me know! Email me at Deb.Stanley@kmgh.com. And for more deals, follow me on Facebook .