More than 30 museums across the state are offering free admission next Saturday for the Smithsonian Magazine's annual Museum Day.
What's the catch? You have to pick just one museum to get your free tickets for, you have to register and print your tickets online and you can only get one ticket (good for two people) per address.
In Colorado, 32 museums are participating. In the Denver metro area, the participating museums are the Molly Brown House Museum, the History Colorado Center, the Forney Museum of Transportation, the Byers-Evans House, the Lakewood Heritage Center, the Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum, the Littleton Museum, the Golden History Center, the Kirkland Museum of Fine & Decorative Art and the Denver Museum of Miniatures, Dolls and Toys.
Other museums in Colorado offering free admission include:
- Miramount Castle Museum, Manitou Springs
- Wheeler/Stallard Museum, Aspen
- Kauffman House Museum, Georgetown
- Victor Lowell Thomas Museum, Victor
- Montrose County Historical Museum, Montrose
- Healy House Museum and Dexter Cabin, Leadville
- Crested Butte Mountain Heritage Museum, Crested Butte
- ProRodeo Hall of Fame, Colorado Springs
- Museum of Colorado Prisons, Canon City
- Hotel de Paris Museum, Georgetown
- Animas Museum, Durango
- John May Museum Center, Colorado Springs
- Greeley History Museum, Greeley
- Centennial Village, Greeley
- Holden Marolt Mining & Ranching Museum, Aspen
- Fort Garland Museum, Fort Garland
- Trinidad History Museum, Trinidad
- Edward C Rochette Money Museum, Colorado Springs
- Monte Vista Historical Society, Monte Vista
- Western Museum of Mining and Industry, Colorado Springs
- Historic Meeker Home, Greeley
- Fort Vasquez Museum, Platteville
Learn more and get your free tickets on the Museum Day website.
Get the latest deals by signing up for a daily e-mail by visiting our e-mail newsletters page.