More than 30 museums across Colorado are offering free admission on Saturday, Sept. 20 for Smithsonian Magazine's annual Museum Day.
What's the catch? You can only pick one museum, you must print your tickets online and you can only get one ticket (good for two people) per address.
In Colorado, 31 museums across the state are participating.
In the Denver metro area, the participating museums are the History Colorado Center, Denver Firefighters Museum, CELL Museum (Denver), American Mountaineering Museum (Golden), Golden History Museum & Park, Aurora History Museum & historic sites, Kirkland Museum of Fine & Decorative Art (Denver) and the Lakewood Heritage Center.
Other museums in Colorado offering free admission include:
- Aspen Art Museum, Aspen
- Crested Butte Mountain Heritage Museum, Crested Butte
- Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center at Colorado College, Colorado Springs
- Dinosaur Journey, Fruita
- El Pueblo History Museum, Pueblo
- Fort Garland Museum & Cultural Center, Fort Garland
- Gilpin History Museum, Central City
- Healy House Museum and Dexter Cabin, Leadville
- Holden/Marolt Mining & Ranching Museum, Aspen
- Hotel de Paris Museum, Georgetown
- John May Museum Center, Colorado Springs
- Kauffman House Museum, Grand Lake
- Montrose County Historic Museum, Montrose
- Museum of Fine Art Fort Collins
- Museum of Colorado Prisons, Canon City
- Museum of the West, Grand Junction
- National Mining Hall of Fame and Museum, Leadville
- Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame & Museum of the American Cowboy, Colorado Springs
- San Luis Valley Museum, Alamosa
- Trinidad History Museum, Trinidad
- Victor Lowell Thomas Museum, Victor
- Western Museum of Mining & Industry, Colorado Springs
- Wheeler Stallard Museum, Aspen
Learn more and get your free tickets on the Museum Day website.
If you see a deal, email me at Deb.Stanley@kmgh.com. And follow me on Facebook for more deals.