Do you visit Starbucks much? If so, you'd probably be amazed at how much money you spend there. Just a latte a day is $100 a month.
So you may be interested in a new report on the best and worst deals at the coffee chain.
New Food Items Not Always a Great Deal
Starbucks, of course, isn't just for lattes anymore. It's added breakfast items, lunch sandwiches, and more and more iced drinks.
Best Starbucks deals
Among the best deals, the report claims:
- Refills: Refilling a basic coffee is just 50 cents in most locations.
- Free samples of seasonal drinks, like peppermint mochas, or pumpkin spice anything in the fall.
- Afternoon drink discounts, with summertime treat receipts.
- Its rewards program, even if it is not as good as it used to be.
Worst Starbucks deals
But from the doesn't that stink file, Money and GoBankingRates' worst Starbucks deals.They include:
- Prewrapped lunch sandwiches (tasty but not a great value)
- Bottled water (You can get a free cup of ice water if you ask)
- Travel mugs (much cheaper at Target)
- Ground coffee beans (more expensive than the same beans at the supermarket)
You might say doesn't that stink if you just paid $12 for a bag of ground beans at a Starbucks store, and then found it for $8 at the grocery store an hour later.
Finally, so as not to end on a down note, one last great deal at Starbucks: order an 8 ounce "short" coffee for around a buck, from their "secret" menu.
It's not on the menu board, but they'll make it for you so you don't waste your money.
Don't Waste Your Money is a registered trademark of the EW Scripps Co.
Follow John on Twitter (@JohnMatarese)