DENVER -- One third of all Frontier Airlines flights were delayed in August, according to FlightStats.com, a flight tracker website.
The company said 33.81 percent of Frontier's arrivals were delayed at least 15 minutes.
With just 66.19 percent of flights arriving on-time, Frontier ranked last for on-time performance among low-cost airlines and national airlines in North America in August.
On-time arrival report for August:
- Alaska Airlines, 85.93% on-time
- WestJet, 81.44% on-time
- Delta Air Lines, 81.27% on-time
- Southwest Airlines, 80.68% on-time
- United Airlines, 77.88% on-time
- American Airlines, 75.09% on-time
- Virgin Airlines, 74.49% on-time
- JetBlue Airways, 73.85% on-time
- Spirit Airlines, 72.56% on-time
- Air Canada, 72.24% on-time
- Allegiant Air, 71.68% on-time
- Frontier Airlines, 66.19% on-time
See all of the statistics on FlightStats.com.
Frontier Airlines said the company that handles its ground operations at Denver International Airport had a series of staffing issues that affected its on-time performance this summer. Frontier said it is changing ground handling companies in mid-September.