No matter how old you are, you know the best part of a Happy Meal isn't the fries — it's the prize inside.
In honor of the 40th anniversary of the first-ever McDonald’s Happy Meal, the fast food chain is taking a full trip down memory lane by bringing back nostalgic toys spanning the past four decades.
Fifteen toys, some you’ll likely recognize immediately, will appear in the limited edition Surprise Happy Meal, with two additional toys available exclusively in the U.S.
The limited release toys will be available November 7-11, while supplies last.
The official lineup of toys to the Surprise Happy Meal includes:
• Cowboy McNugget (McDonald’s): 1988
• Fireman McNugget (McDonald’s): 1988
• Mail Carrier McNugget (McDonald’s): 1988
• Hamburger Changeable (McDonald’s): 1989
• Grimace (McDonald’s): 1990
• Dino Happy Meal Box Changeable (McDonald’s): 1991
• McDonald’s Hot Wheels Thunderbird (Mattel): 1993
• Hamburglar (McDonald’s): 1995
• Power Rangers (Hasbro): 1995
• Space Jam Bugs Bunny (Warner Brothers): 1996
• Patti the Platypus (Ty Beanie Baby): 1997
• 101 Dalmatians – U.S. Exclusive (Disney): 1997
• Tamagotchi (Bandai): 1998
• My Little Pony (Hasbro): 1998
• Furby (Hasbro): 1999
• Sorcerer’s Apprentice Mickey – U.S. Exclusive (Disney): 2002
• Hello Kitty (Sanrio): 2013
The Happy Meal was first introduced as the Circus Wagon Happy Meal in June 1979, with early versions including a decorative box and various toys, such a spinning top and McDonaldland character erasers.