DENVER -- In Colorado, we spend an average of $9,960 per student. But how do does funds break down?
Denver7 investigative reporter Jace Larson did some digging and found these numbers which give you a breakdown of how those nearly $10,000 is going to help the next generation of Coloradans succeed:
- $5,234 of that is instructional spending which includes teacher salaries
- $932 goes to operations and maintenance
- $899 is “other support spending”
- $842 is school and district administrative spending
- $585 for staff support
- $485 for student support
- $337 for food services
- $321 for transportation
- $276 activities and athletics
- $49 for enterprise spending
This information comes from the Financial Transparency for Colorado Schools website run by the state Department of Education.
RELATED HEADLINES --