Serrano & Peach Bites
· 6 ripe peaches, cut into slices
· ½ pound serrano ham shaved thin
· Handful of basil
· ¼ pound Machego Cheese
· 1 baguette, sliced
· Olive oil
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
2. Wrap each piece of peach with one basil leaf, a slice of ham, and skewer into place.
3. Use a basking brush to put olive oil onto both the wrapped peaches and the sliced baguette and place directly onto the grill.
4. Peaches will take 2 minutes per side, allow bread to lightly toast on each side.
5. Remove peaches and toast from grill - build each bite with a slice of baguette topped with a piece of cheese and topped with a peach. Serve warm.
Grilled Peaches & Cherries
· 14 ounces cherries
· 3 large peaches
· 1/4 cup honey
· 1 1/2 tablespoons butter (unsalted)
· 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
· 1 cup heavy whipping cream
· ¼ cup mascarpone cheese (softened)
· 1-2 tablespoon granulated sugar (as needed)
1. Cut cherries in half and remove their pit and stems. Cut the peaches into in half and discard the pit.
2. Heat grill to medium heat. Place cherry halves onto skewers. Places skewers of cherries and peaches flat side down directly on the grill on medium heat for about 10-15 minutes or until tender and showing grill marks.
3. While the fruit is grilling in a small saucepan, melt together butter, honey, and cinnamon over low heat. When butter is melted and ingredients are combined, remove from heat.
4. In a medium bowl gently whip the heavy whipping cream to a soft peak, add a small amount of sugar to desired sweetness, and fold in the mascarpone cream.
5. Remove the fruit from the grill. When cooled enough to handle, but still warm, place 1 peach halve on a plate, carefully remove cherries from skewers and sprinkle over the top of the peaches. Drizzle butter mixture over the tops of the fruit.