Mike Nelson is turning up the heat in our new segment, Cooking with Mike! Mike’s admittedly terrible cooking skills make him the perfect host for this cooking series, which is sponsored by Specialty Appliance.
This week’s recipe is for green chili meatballs.
· 1 package of Hot Italian Boulder Sausage
· ½ cup of bread crumbs
· 1 egg
· 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
· To taste - fresh parsley, salt and pepper
Combine all ingredients, ball and place on a sheet tray, bake meatball in Jenn Air Convection Steam Oven on convection bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
· 1 cup of mild to hot (based on preference) hatch green chiles, roasted
· 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes
· Small onion diced
· 3 cloves of garlic diced
· ½ pound of ground pork
· 2 cups of chicken stock
· To season - cumin, chili powder, coriander, salt and pepper.
Aggressively brown the meat, add onions, garlic and cook until translucent. Add cilantro, chilies, tomatoes, spices and chicken stock bring to a boil. Simmer on Jenn Air Induction module for at least ½ an hour to desired consistency.