Mike Nelson is turning up the heat in our new segment, Cooking with Mike! Mike’s admittedly terrible cooking skills make him the perfect host for this cooking series, which is sponsored by Specialty Appliance.
This week’s recipe is for artichoke and spinach stuffed mushrooms.
· 12 cremini mushrooms washed and cleaned
· 1 pound of fresh spinach
· 1 can of artichoke hearts, diced
· 4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
· 1/4 cup mayonnaise
· 1/4 cup sour cream
· ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divide
· 1 small shallot diced
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· Pesto sauce for garnish
· Heat oven to 425 degrees
· Clean out inside of mushrooms, taking out a little bit of the inside to make more space for the filling.
· Steam spinach until tender, get as much water out of the spinach as possible using a cheese cloth or a strainer. Once water is removed, chop to a fine consistency.
· Mix mayo, sour cream and cream cheese until smooth, then add shallots, garlic, artichokes and spinach. Add parmesan cheese and mix to incorporate.
· Fill each mushroom with a heaping spoonful and roast in the oven at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.
· Top with store bought or homemade pesto and serve immediately