While wearing green and eating anything shaped like a four-leaf clover is a must, everyone knows the best part of St. Patrick’s Day is drinking. No, I don’t mean Shamrock Shakes (though that can work, too, especially if you make the happy-hour version yourself at home) — I’m talking booze, my friends.
Sure, green beer is fun and easy to find, but this year, I invite you to take your drinking one step further and make some gloriously green and festive cocktails. Whether vodka is your thing or you prefer whiskey or even prosecco and candy, I have you covered with six easy drinks to keep you celebrating all day long.
Take a look below and get ready to party, because come March 17, everyone is Irish!
1. The Lucky Leprechaun
This Lucky Leprechaun drink is courtesy of Smirnoff and uses not only their Ice Green Apple malt beverage but also vodka and ginger ale. And yup, it is seriously green.
1. In a cocktail shaker, add ice, Ice Green Apple and vodka. Shake.
2. Strain into a martini glass and top with ginger ale.
2. Luck O’ The Irish Apple Sipper
You’re going to want to sip this Luck O’ The Irish drink from Barefoot, as it calls for Moscato Spumante Bubbly and Irish whiskey. You’ll also need apple juice and an apple slice for garnish.
1. Combine whiskey and apple juice in cocktail shaker with ice. Shake to blend and chill.
2. Strain into champagne flute.
3. Top with Moscato Spumante. Garnish with apple slice.
3. Kiwi Cooler
While Valentine’s Day, Easter and Halloween might be the holidays most associated with candy, I see no reason St. Patrick’s Day can’t join in on the fun — especially when you’re mixing it with alcohol. This recipe from Hi-Chew uses their
, which you dissolve in a mixture of lime and lemon juices. It can also be made without alcohol so kids can join in on the fun as well.
1. Make the lemon-lime-candy juice. Combine 1/2 ounce of lime juice and 1/2 ounce of lemon juice, then cut one piece of candy into pieces and soak until it dissolves.
2. In a cocktail shaker, gently muddle the sugar, cucumber and mint, just until the sugar dissolves.
3. Measure in both the lemon/lime juice and the orange juice and Pimm’s (if using). Shake with ice.
4. Strain over crushed ice in a glass and garnish with fresh mint and a cucumber wheel.
4. Pinch Me Prosecco
Perhaps the most adorably-named drink on the list, this Pinch Me Prosecco also comes from Barefoot and sounds like the perfect way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day if you like things a little bubbly.
1. Combine lime juice and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake to chill.
2. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass and top with Barefoot Bubbly Prosecco.
5. Irish Whiskey Margarita
This recipe comes from Yard House and is inspired their Jamison Margarita recipe you can order at the restaurant. It features Irish whiskey, orange liquor and, of course, margarita mix.
1. Shake all ingredients together and pour over a salted rim glass.
2. Garnish with a lime wedge or wheel.
6. Shamrock Pinch
This Shamrock Pinch recipe from Barefoot will definitely pep you up as it not only has Moscato and whiskey but also ginger beer, lime and orange juice. Because of the OJ, I’m also going to say it counts as St. Patrick’s Day breakfast, but, hey, that’s just me.
1. Place ice in a tall glass.
2. Add moscato, whiskey and orange juice.
3. Top with ginger beer.
4. Squeeze fresh lime into drink and drop the rind into the glass.
If shots are more your thing — or you just want to start partying quickly — you might also want to check out these Lucky Leprechaun shots that have only four ingredients — whiskey, corn syrup, green apple schnapps and edible gold dust.
MORE FROM SIMPLEMOST