DENVER — Here are seven things to do across the Denver area this Halloween weekend. Have fun and stay safe!
• Celebrate Halloween all month long at Denver Zoo! Through Oct. 31, join Denver Zoo daily for Boo at the Zoo: Storybook Safari, a modified, masked version of Denver’s family favorite! Throughout the zoo, classic animal stories and fairy tales come to life with costumed characters, mythical creatures, unforgettable animal experience and food fit for a king or queen! Get the whole family suited up in a costume and celebrate Halloween in a safe way that’s social distanced and candy-free.
• Denver Botanical Gardens presents a Virtual Día de los Muertos Celebration. Celebrate Day of the Dead with online activities, virtual mercado, and related events and programs. This traditional Mexican “Day of the Dead” celebration offers at-home fun for the whole family. Download coloring pages, learn how to make sugar skulls and shop their virtual mercado. Head to their website to learn more!
• Join Aurora Sports Park for the Boos Cruise on Friday, Oct. 30, from 3 p.m. – 7 p.m. Wear your best costume as you drive-thru Aurora Sports Park collecting treats from city departments and local businesses. Enjoy other costume characters, music, a fun time and more. It’s sure to be a SCREAM!
• Looking for a safer alternative to Halloween this year? Join WOW! Children’s Museum for socially distant spooky activities, including games, slime to-go, pumpkin painting, outdoor family photo station (weather dependent), and more! Come dressed up (including your COVID masks) and collect non-candy treats around the Museum. Each time slot is limited to 50 guests.
• Bluff Lake Nature Center presents Boo on the Bluff: Spooky Self-Guided Scavenger Hunt. This Thursday and Friday from 1 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., dress up, explore outside and get some candy! They will be doing timed entry, limiting one group into the site every five minutes. Family groups (8 individuals) cost $10 and you must register ahead of time.
• Goblins and ghouls, you are invited to join Town Center at Aurora for a Candy Crawl on Saturday, Oct. 31 at 11 a.m.! Come dressed in your best costume and ready to collect all your favorite treats. This event will be trunk-or-treat style and features a costume contest, best trunk contest, candy and non-candy trunk-or-treating, DJ, balloon twister and more! The costume contest will have 4 age groups and spots are limited. To learn more information head to their event website.
• Bring your costumed fur-friends to Denver Union Station’s inaugural Howl-A-Ween Pet Parade. Join them for a dog-friendly Halloween parade around the outdoor North Plaza of Denver Union Station. A Yappy Hour with drink specials will also take place during the parade on Terminal Bar’s patio! Participation is welcome and free to all humans and their pops. Reservations through their Everbrite page is required for parade entry, to align with city and state health mandates. To assist with social distancing, there will be three waves during the parade. Reservations during your selected time are required for entry. Masks covering your face and nose are required at all times during the parade.