DENVER — Thanksgiving may be a little different this year, but you can still enjoy the holiday with family while in the comfort of your own home. Check out these safe and socially distant events happening in Denver and beyond this weekend.
1. The annual Denver Christkindl Market is open for the season! The event offers an authentic German holiday experience, including opportunities to meet St. Nikolaus, Krampus and Christkind herself. Guests can savor the season as they enjoy authentic, traditional German drinks while wandering through the market. Guests can also enjoy live music and plenty of delicious snacks with their family and friends. To learn more about the event including safety information please visit their website.
2. Enjoy Colorado Ballet’s The Nut Cracker from home! The magical spirit of the season comes to life in the this acclaimed production and beloved holiday favorite that sells out every year. You can view this special presentation of Colorado Ballet’s The Nutcracker on Rocky Mountain PBS on Thanksgiving Day at 7 p.m.
3. From now until January 1, 2021, experience holiday magic at Winter Wonderlights at Chapungu Sculpture Park at Centerra in Loveland. Each night of the event, visitors can walk through the beautiful park and enjoy 80,000+ lights. The light and music show features six total songs and moving lights on the 20 foot tall LED mappable Christmas Tree. Winter Wonderlights is free and open to the public. Please practice social distancing and wear a mask when coming to watch the show and enjoy the lights. Visitors are also encouraged to bring and donate canned food to benefit the Food Bank for Larimer County.
4. Meet Santa’s Reindeer! Kids can meet Santa’s reindeer at Aspen Grove near the tree lot and enjoy free cocoa (kids under 12, please). Tickets are timed and cost $2 per family (up to 6 people from your family or cohort group). Proceeds benefit Maxfund Animal Adoption Center.
5. Get something unique for everyone on your list at the Dairy Block Après Holiday Market! Paying homage to the quaint European holiday festivals, the Après Ski themed weekend festival will take place in the heated alleyway between all the shops and restaurants on site. Running every weekend between Thanksgiving and Christmas, the Après Holiday Market will give costumers the opportunity to engage with unique, independently owned and high quality brands while enjoying a beverage and embracing their inner ski vibes. Get tickets today!
6. Shop from home with the Jackalope Virtual Holiday Market! This virtual holiday market will open on Shop Small Saturday, Nov. 28, and will run through Friday, Dec. 18. Featuring over 100 curated and hand selected artisans, crafters and DIY enthusiast, shoppers can expect to find trendsetting indie goods including original fashion and jewelry design, ceramics, innovated home décor, paper goods, art, body products, family goods and so much more.
7. Live steam Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol! Catch the world premiere live capture on Nov. 28 at 8 p.m. MST with a portion of the proceeds benefiting Miners Alley Playhouse in Golden. A Christmas Carol will be available for unlimited viewings within a 24-hour period on or after the opening stream date of Nov. 28. The video will be available on demand until January 3 and you will have 24 hours to watch the performance after activating the link.
- A (Virtual) Christmas Vacation with the Griswold’s: An Evening with Chevy Chase and Beverly D’Angelo. Light up your holidays and join Christmas’ favorite couple, Ellen and Clark Griswold, for this virtual salute to the holiday classic, National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. Chevy Chase (Clark) and Beverly D’Angelo (Ellen) lead audiences through this live event as they share fan-favorite clips from the movie, reveal their favorite memories from the making of the Vacation franchise and answer your questions in a live audience Q&A. This event will take place on Saturday, November 28 from 6-7 p.m. MST. Get your tickets today!