DENVER — Here are seven things to do this weekend across the Denver area. Stay safe out there and don’t forget your mask!
1. It’s official: Zoo Lights has been making magic, memories and even marriages for 30 amazing years! Celebrate the season safely with your family at Zoo Lights 30th Anniversary. Don’t miss this year’s historic celebration with more than a million lights sparkling over 80 acres – plus a host of special measures to keep your family safe and healthy. Tickets are ONLY available online, and Zoo Lights sells out every year. Be sure to secure your spot today!
2. Photos with Santa might look a little different this year, but our friends at Cherry Hills worked very hard to make sure that Santa could come back to Town Center at Aurora! Santa will be in town from now until December 25 in Center Court outside of Dillard’s on the lower level. Reservations are highly encouraged for all guests to help minimize wait times. They understand that some guests aren’t able to visit Santa in person this year, so to make sure that everyone gets a chance to meet the jolly, big guy, they’ve teamed up with Cherry Hills Program to also offer a Digital Santa Photo Experience!
3. The Olde Town Arvada Business Improvement District is excited to bring a synthetic skating rink to Olde Town Square for the first time! Join them for safe, outdoor fun for the whole family. Reservations will be limited to one hour time slots. Pre-registration is encouraged.
4. Enjoy traditional Christmas festivities and shopping in a safe space! You’re invited to attend the annual Christmas Marketplace at South Fellowship Church on Saturday, December 5 from 10am-2pm. Explore hundreds of locally hand-crafted items surrounded by beautiful décor and live music. Plus, grab some delicious food in their parking lot from HOTDOGS! and Wafflerita. Current COVID-29 protocols will be in place including space apart vendor booths, masks required and frequent surface sanitation.
5. Join Four Mile Historic Park in December for a winter spectacular this holiday season. Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from December 4 to December 27, check out art instillations, ice skating, video games, kids craft activities and a scavenger hunt! Head to their website to learn more.
6. There’s nothing more heart-warming during the holidays than a small town old fashioned Christmas, and no one does it better than historic Golden, CO. Olde Golden Christmas presents Candlelight Nights: Be Merry, Be Bright, Share Your Golden Light. On December 4 at 7pm there will be a virtual live stream of Golden Mayor Laura Weinberg throwing the switch to illuminate downtown Golden’s annual holiday lights. Golden welcomes holiday revelers and offers several safe ways to celebrate the spirit of the holidays, including Christmas in the Historic Park, Holiday Art Market at Foothills Art Center, Golden Pop-ups: Ice Sculptures and more!
7. Head to The Orchard Town Center for a Street Serenade with Ty Morris of Ty Morris and Heart of Worship on December 6 from 6:30-7:30pm. Enjoy live music, twinkling lights, and a two-story holiday tree displayed on Town Center Drive. This is a rain or shine event so get some hot cocoa from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and bring your own chairs down to The Orchard’s stage on Town Center Drive! To learn more about the event, including safety regulations, head here.