DENVER -- Sometimes even just a little bit of knowledge can go a long way.
In the Denver7 special More Alike Than Different, anchor Shannon Ogden and contributors Hanna Atkinson & Connor Long take a look at many of the people and programs in Colorado that are bringing people together.
In this half hour, the hosts look at everything from the new GOAL (Go On And Learn) program at the University of Northern Colorado to programs that help people with disabilities get in shape and parents get a night out.
You can watch all three segments of the special above and follow the links below to the individual stories or use this link to see even more stories.
- Phamaly Theatre Company's holiday production brings smiles to audience and actors alike
- Special Olympics Colorado offers bowling & other opportunities that benefit both kids and their parents
- Speechless actor Micah Fowler breaking new ground for actors with cerebral palsy
- New Program helping UNC students with developmental disabilities find dream jobs
- Job at Wahoo's helps worker with developmental disabilities be independent
- Parents get a night out thanks to group offering respite care to families of kids with disabilities
- Fitness trainer inspired by client with Down Syndrome to help others with developmental disabilities
- Unified basketball coach a key to team's success
More Alike Than Different stories air Saturdays during Denver7 News at 7am and 8am.