Hunger Free Colorado is hosting a virtual two-day event to examine the historical lessons of inequity in our food system Dec. 2-3. The Hungry for Change Summit will also provide an opportunity to collaborate around forward-looking solutions and will highlight the work of partners and colleagues across the state.
· Leah Penniman, Co-Executive Director, Soul Fire Farm and Author of Farming While Black
· Lisa Durán, Executive Director, Colorado Immigrant Rights Coalition
· Fatuma Emmad, Co-Founder, Executive Director and Head Farmer of Frontline Farming
· Ashley Panelli, Associate State Director, 9to5 Colorad
· Fleurette (Flo) King, Moderator and Principal Consultant, Thriving Inclusion
Hunger Free Colorado will also be announcing the 2020 Kathy Underhill Scholarship Award Recipient at the Summit. This award recognizes a community leader in the realm of health equity and food access.
The Hungry for Change Summit takes place online Wednesday, Dec. 2 and Thursday, Dec. 3 from 8:30 a.m. to noon. Registration is free.
To learn more about the Hungry for Change Summit and to register, visit HungerFreeColorado.org/Summit.