Colorado Gives Day is an annual statewide movement to celebrate and increase philanthropy in Colorado. Denver7 is the proud television partner for Colorado Gives Day, presented by Community First Foundation and FirstBank, on Tuesday, Dec. 8.
Here are 7 great reasons to give on Colorado Gives Day (you can scheduled your donation now):
1. Colorado Proud. Colorado is a great place to live and by supporting our local nonprofits, we keep it great. Nonprofit organizations are solving some of our biggest problems – from housing to mental health and more. They are on the ground finding solutions that make sense in our communities. You support those efforts when you give where you live.
2. Mobile. All donations are made through ColoradoGives.org, so you can support your favorite nonprofit from the comfort of your couch in your favorite pajamas.
3. Choices. With more than 2,900 participating nonprofit organizations to choose from, you are sure to find ones that match your interests.
4. Fast. Save time by donating to multiple nonprofits in one transaction. You can get all of your year-end donations made at one time.
5. Family Affair. Colorado Gives Day is the perfect time to introduce young people, like your child or grandchildren, to the joy of giving. There is an entire section of the site developed just for kids with videos, quizzes and games.
6. Safe. The Colorado Gives Day website is safe and secure, and Community First Foundation checks to ensure all the nonprofits are in good standing with the IRS and the Colorado Secretary of State.
7. Your dollar goes further. All donations made on Colorado Gives Day get a boost from the $1 million incentive fund created by Community First Foundation and FirstBank.
Give where you live by scheduling your donation today at ColoradoGivesDay.org.