College where suspected Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev attended classes reopens

DARTMOUTH, Mass. - The college where suspected Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tzarnaev attended classes has reopened.

The University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth was evacuated Friday after it was learned that 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was being pursued in connection with the attack that killed three people and injured more than 180.

Tsarnaev was later captured and is now hospitalized in serious condition.

UMass-Dartmouth officials say residence and dining halls will reopen at noon Sunday.

The school says counselors and members of the clergy will be on hand to help any students who are fearful or uncomfortable after last week's events.

One student told The Associated Press he saw Tsarnaev on campus last week after the bombings.
 

Print this article Back to Top