Issued At: Wednesday, 17 May 2017, 2:50 PM MDT
Expires At: Friday, 19 May 2017, 6:00 PM MDT
Roan and tavaputs plateaus-
250 pm mdt wed may 17 2017
...winter weather advisory in effect until 6 pm mdt friday...
the national weather service in grand junction has issued a
winter weather advisory for snow and blowing snow, which is in
effect until 6 pm mdt friday.
* locations include...rio blanco and douglas pass.
* timing...snow will continue through friday. the greatest
accumulations will be from this afternoon through this evening.
expect lulls from time to time thursday through friday with
periods of moderate to heavy snow.
* snow accumulation...3 to 7 inches with locally higher amounts.
* snow level...greatest accumulations mainly above 9,000 feet.
* winds...north-northwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* impacts...mountain passes will be icy and snowpacked with
hazardous travel conditions likely, especially over douglas
pass. backcountry travel will also be difficult.
a winter weather advisory means that periods of snow and/or
blowing snow will cause travel difficulties. be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while