Issued At: Thursday, 18 May 2017, 12:25 AM MDT
Expires At: Friday, 19 May 2017, 6:00 PM MDT
Elkhead and park mountains-grand and battlement mesas-
gore and elk mountains/central mountain valleys-
west elk and sawatch mountains-flat tops-
northwest san juan mountains-southwest san juan mountains-
1225 am mdt thu may 18 2017
...winter weather advisory remains in effect until 6 pm mdt
* locations include...columbine, hahns peak, toponas, aspen,
vail, snowmass, crested butte, taylor park, marble, buford,
trappers lake, telluride, ouray, lake city, silverton, rico,
* timing...snow will continue to accumulate through friday. the
greatest accumulations will be tonight through thursday morning.
expect lulls from time to time through friday with periods of
moderate to heavy snow.
* snow accumulation...6 to 12 inches with locally higher amounts
possible. greatest accumulations mainly above 9,000 feet.
* winds...west 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* impacts...mountain passes will be icy and snowpacked with
hazardous travel conditions likely, especially over vail pass,
rabbit ears pass and the highway 550 corridor through the san
juans. backcountry travel will also be difficult.
a winter weather advisory means that periods of snow and/or
blowing snow will cause travel difficulties. be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while