Issued At: Thursday, 11 Oct 2012, 2:45 PM MDT
Expires At: Saturday, 13 Oct 2012, 12:00 PM MDT
Elkhead and park mountains-
gore and elk mountains/central mountain valleys-flattops-
eastern uinta mountains-
including the cities of...columbine...toponas...aspen...vail...
snowmass...buford...trappers lake...manila...dutch john
245 pm mdt thu oct 11 2012
...winter storm watch now in effect from friday evening through
* timing...friday evening until noon saturday.
* snow accumulation...4-8 inches are possible.
* snow level...initially around 10000 feet early friday evening then
lowering to 8000 feet by saturday morning.
* winds...southwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts to 30 mph over higher
exposed terrain. winds shift to west friday evening and then
northwest after midnight friday night.
* visibility...lowered at times in snow showers.
* impacts...slushy and snow packed roads over the mountain
passes may make traveling a challenge at times friday into
saturday. hunters should be prepared for winter like weather
a winter storm watch means there is a potential for significant
snow accumulations and/or blowing snow that may impact travel.
continue to monitor the latest forecasts.