Peyton Manning 2nd on top selling NFL jerseys list, Robert Griffin III sets all-time record
Ray Lewis 3rd, Collin Kaepernick 4th in sales
Last Updated: 243 days ago
NEW YORK - Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning finished second in NFL jersey sales last year, according to ESPN.
The list comes from sales at NFLShop.com from April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2013.
Washington Redskins rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III out-sold Manning and sold more NFL jersey’s in one fiscal year than any jersey in league history, ESPN reported.
Despite finishing No 2. for the year, Manning racked up the third-most jerseys sold in a single year behind Brett Farve's Minnesota Vikings jersey in 2009.
Former Broncos and current New York Jets quarterback Tim Tebow saw his jersey sales slide from No. 1 to No. 13.
Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis came in at No. 3, San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kapernick finished No. 4 and New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady ranked No. 5.
The San Francisco 49ers sold the most team merchandise on NFLShop.com, beating out the Baltimore Ravens who won the Super Bowl over the 49ers.
The NFL has not yet released the total amount of merchandise or jerseys sold in the year.
Top 10 Selling NFL Jerseys:
- 1. Robert Griffin III - Washington Redskins
- 2. Peyton Manning - Denver Broncos
- 3. Ray Lewis - Baltimore Ravens
- 4. Colin Kaepernick - San Francisco 49ers
- 5. Tom Brady - New England Patriots
- 6. Andrew Luck - Indianapolis Colts
- 7. Aaron Rodgers - Green Bay Packers
- 8. Victor Cruz - New York Giants
- 9. Eli Manning - New York Giants
- 10. Patrick Willis - San Francisco 49ers
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.