There were reports of pings and there were reports of debris, but what happened in the search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 that disappeared in March?
We know the plane left Kuala Lumpur on March 8 for Beijing.
Air traffic controllers lost contact with MH 370 over the waters between Malaysia and Vietnam.
MH370 had 239 passengers and crew aboard.
The location of the plane is unknown. It's widely believed to somewhere at the bottom of the sea in a remote part of the southern Indian Ocean.
The debris that was found in the ocean turned out to be fishing equipment and other items not related to the plane. The faint pings that were heard stopped. No one is sure if they came from MH370 or not.
Experts say the search for the wreckage and the plane's black boxes could take years.
Initially, teams from 26 countries were involved in sweeping a vast region of ocean where the dark floor is up to 7,000 meters (23,000 feet) deep. However, some concede that what is left of the plane may never be found.
The BBC reported on June 26 that officials announced a new 60,000 sq km search area some 1,800 km west of Perth, Australia. The BBC reported that the search work would resume in August.
Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said a study of data from a satellite that had received the final known signals from the plane indicated that the jetliner flew "to a remote location, far from any possible landing sites."
Malaysian authorities have said that evidence so far suggests the plane was deliberately turned back across Malaysia to the Strait of Malacca, with its communications systems disabled. They are unsure what happened next.
The plane's disappearance has baffled investigators, who have yet to rule out mechanical or electrical failure, hijacking, sabotage, terrorism or issues related to the mental health of the pilots or someone else on board.
Malaysia's police chief, Inspector General Khalid Abu Bakar, reiterated that all the passengers had been cleared of suspicion.