Tax Filing Tips, Locations For Tuesday's Tax Day
Listing Of U.S. Post Office Locations, Hours
Last Updated: 602 days ago
- Bear Valley Station, 7555 W. Amherst
- Capitol Hill Station, 1571 Marion St.
- Downtown Station, 951 20th St.
- Glendale Station, 945 Birch St.
- GMF Finance Station, 7500 E. 53rd Place
- Lakewood Station, 10799 W. Alameda Ave.
- Mile High Station, 450 W. 14th St.
- Montclair Station, 8725 E. 11th Ave.
- North Pecos Station, 1411 Cortez St.
- Northglenn Station, 11887 Washington St.
- South Station, 225 S. Broadway
- Sullivan Station, 8700 E. Jefferson Way
- University Park Station, 3800 Buchtel Blvd.
- Apply the proper postage or stamps, especially if enclosing extra forms and schedules. Using a regular size Number 2 envelope, First Class postage costs 44 cents for the first ounce.
- For heavier returns, add .20 cents postage for each additional ounce.
- If you are not sure about the correct postage, it is best to add additional stamps, or take your forms to the Post Office to ensure that correct postage is applied.
- Make sure you print the proper IRS address on the front of the envelope.
- Print your return address in the upper-left-hand corner of your tax mail envelope.
- Customers who wish certification that their tax mail form is received by IRS, should mail it using Certified Mail Service available at your local post office.
- While encouraged to mail before April 18; if you do wait until late on Tax Day, be sure to drop off your tax mail return at a postal location that offers late tax mail collection or pick-up.
- Customers with IRS tax questions can contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 or go to www.irs.gov.
- Customers can call 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777) to find out the regular customer service hours of their local post office.
Copyright Report a typo or inaccuracyIf you have a news tip or a follow-up to this story, e-mail us.Copyright 2012 by TheDenverChannel.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.