Suspected carbon monoxide kills Cedaredge High School football player Reid Gates
Last Updated: 91 days ago
DELTA, Colo. - One high school football player is dead and another is in critical condition after they were apparently exposed to carbon monoxide in a camper.
Cedaredge High School star running back, Reid Gates, along with his teammates Aaron Henrie and Tyler Cooper, were exposed to the fumes Sunday in Delta, according to KJCT-TV.
All three were taken to Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center and Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children. Gates family said he died. Henrie is listed in critical condition, while Cooper was listed in good condition.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.