VAIL, Colo. - Fire officials in Vail say they have closed a roadway and evacuated 600 hotel guests after a natural gas leak.
The gas leak was detected at about 4 p.m. prompting a closure of South Frontage Road between Lionshead Circle and Forest Road, according to the Vail Fire Department.
Xcel Energy repair crews are at the scene.
The fire department said the gas leak will take about 4 hours to mitigate.
The Salvation Army is providing food to those evacuated.
Refresh this page and stay with 7NEWS for the latest updates.