Woman sexually assaulted in Lakewood after her car was bumped by suspect
Last Updated: 164 days ago
LAKEWOOD, Colo. - After a minor car crash in Lakewood, a woman told police she was sexually assaulted by the driver who caused the accident.
After dropping her kids off at school, the woman said she was hit by another vehicle. When she got out of her car to check the damage, she said the other driver sexually assaulted her.
"(She) was in an accident while taking her kids to school and when she pulled over, a male got out of the other vehicle and fondled her," said a dispatcher on police radio traffic recorded by RadioReference.com.
The victim told police, the man then tried to get her to drive to a different location. She fought him off and he took off.
7NEWS found at least one apartment complex already warning its residents.
"(They're) giving us the heads up to have our doors and windows and stuff locked at all times. They don't know if this gentleman would come back and try to break into somebody's unit to do anything," said resident Alicia Myers.
• White man with "Mexican" accent
• Late 20s-Early 30s
• 6-feet tall, skinny
• Dirty blonde hair, medium length
• Heavy acne on face, rotten teeth, dirty and unkempt
• Wearing dark blue baseball cap, purple jersey, white long sleeve shirt underneath jersey and baggy blue jeans
• Gold (or similar colored) Plymouth Laser, Mitsubishi Eclipse or Eagle Talon (see photo)
• 1990-1994 model
• No front plate, Colorado plate on rear
• Cracked front windshield
• Old body damage on front driver’s side
If you have any information regarding this case, please contact the Lakewood Police Department at 303-987-7111.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.