2 people hurt when gas leak ignites fire at Aurora apartment complex on Galena Way

AURORA, Colo. - Two people were hurt in an explosion and fire at an apartment complex in Aurora on Tuesday.

It happened Tuesday afternoon in Building G of the Santana Ridge Apartments at 1355 block of Galena Way, near Mississippi Avenue.

Firefighters called a second alarm to get more fire trucks and firefighters at the scene.

MORE IMAGES - Aurora apartment fire:  http://ch7ne.ws/1fFAlAF

A 7NEWS photographer was told two people were taken to the hospital following an explosion. The fire department confirmed that information.

Flying overhead, AIRTRACKER7 saw firefighters climbing on the building's roof. The roof and some windows had clear, black scorch marks. There was a large hole in the roof of the building.

Print this article Back to Top