Multiple crashes are being reported on snowy, wet and icy roads all over the metro area Thursday morning.
There was about 1 to 2 inches of snow on the ground at 5 a.m. and another 1 to 2 inches fell before 9 a.m.
The wet roads and a dramatic drop in temperature led to some streets icing over during the morning commute, 7NEWS Meteorologist Lisa Hidalgo said.
-- Crashes reported by 7NEWS Traffic Anchor Jayson Luber:
- Crash on NB I-25 after Happy Canyon at 8:50 a.m. Drivers are squeezing into the right lane, Luber reports.
- Crash on WB Hwy 36 at Wadsworth at 7:45 a.m. "That section is the worst on WB Hwy 36," Luber tweeted.
- Crash on NB Wadsworth at Coal Mine at 7:40 a.m.
- Crash at Ken Caryl and Kipling at 7:40 a.m.
- Accident at 6th and Indiana at 7:40 a.m.
- Spinout on Wadsworth at Hampden at 7:20 a.m.
- Crash on EB I-70 near Tower Rd. at 7:15 a.m.
- Crash in Golden on NB 6th Ave. before 19th at 6:45 a.m.
- Crash SB I-25 after University at 6:30 a.m.
- Crash on Santa Fe at Belleview at 6:25 a.m.
- Crash on Ridgegate at I-25 at 6:25 a.m.
- Multi-car crash on Gun Club south of Jewell with people trapped at 6:25 a.m.
- 2 cars in the ditch on Arapahoe west of Liverpool at 6:25 a.m.
- "The crash WB I-70 after Havana is still blocking lanes. Traffic stacked up from before I-225," Luber reported at 6:15 a.m.
- "The crash on EB Hwy 36 after Federal is clear however the drive is still bad getting to a slow I-25 or I-270," Luber said at 6:10 a.m.
- Accident on ramp from NB I-25 to I-70 at 6 a.m. "The ramp is essentially closed. Rescue vehicles can't get through," Luber said at 6:05 a.m.
- Crash with injuries on EB I-70 at Airport Blvd at 6 a.m.
- EB Hwy 36 is not moving getting past the crash after Federal, per Jayson Luber at 5:40 a.m.
- WB I-270 at Vasquez at 5:20 a.m.
- Spinout on the ramp from Founders Pkwy to NB I-25 at 5:15 a.m.
- NB I-225 just after the NB I-25 split at 5:15 a.m.
- Multi-car crash on SB I-25 after Colfax at 5:15 a.m.
- Four-car crash on EB Highway 36 between Federal and Pecos at 5:10 a.m.
Follow 7NEWS Traffic Anchor Jayson Luber on Twitter for real-time updates: https://twitter.com/7NewsTraffic
-- Snow removal:
"Denver Public Work crews fully deployed overnight when snow started to accumulate on Denver's main streets, or most streets with stripes. As snow continues to rapidly fall this morning, Denver roads may be snow packed and icy in spots, and lane delineation may not always be visible," according to officials with Denver Public Works.
-- Chain laws:
- Now required on Hwy 285 over Kenosha Pass.
- Required now WB I-70 from Georgetown to the tunnel.
- Chain requirement lifted EB I-70 at the tunnel.
More snow is expected later today. Click here for more information: http://ch7ne.ws/247wx