DENVER - A thirteen-time bank robbery suspect, dubbed the "The Clearinghouse Bandit" by the FBI, is still on the run.
FBI spokesman Dave Joly said the nickname was selected because witnesses described him carrying what appeared to be a magazine during the crimes. Surveillance photos also appear to show him holding a magazine.
Publishers Clearing House is a company that offers discounted magazine subscriptions.
The heavy-set robber is described as black man, who is between 25 and 40 years of age, stands about 6-feet to 6-feet 5-inches tall and weighs between 220 and 260 pounds. His robberies have been committed in Aurora, Denver and Colorado Springs.
The bandit enters the bank, presents a demand note, takes the money and runs, Joly said.
He is believed to be responsible for these eleven robberies:
- 8/1/2012, Wednesday, 12:35 p.m. - TCF Bank, 640 16th St., Denver,
- 8/20/2012, Monday, 2:45 p.m. - Public Service Credit Union, 815 N. Colorado Blvd., Denver,
- 9/19/2012, Wednesday, 12:00 p.m. - Public Service Credit Union, 1113 N. Abilene St., Aurora.
- 9/25/2012, Tuesday, 12:34 p.m. - Space Age Federal Credit Union, 2495 S. Havana St., Aurora.
- 9/25/2012, Tuesday, 12:48 p.m. - Public Service Credit Union, 815 N Colorado Blvd,, Denver.
- 10/3/2012, Wednesday, 11:19 a.m. - Chase Bank, 2986 N. Speer Blvd., Denver.
- 10/19/2012, Friday, 10:25 a.m. - Compass Bank, 4988 N. Federal Blvd.. Denver.
- 10/24/2012, Wednesday, 10:55 a.m. - Chase Bank, 747 S. Colorado Blvd., Denver.
- 10/31/2012, Wednesday, 4:20 p.m. - Security Services Federal Credit Union, 1901 N. Academy Blvd., Colorado Springs.
- 11/1/2012, Thursday, 11:07 a.m. - Credit Union of Colorado, 13732 E. Quincy Ave., Aurora.
- 11/1/2012, Thursday, 12:37 p.m. - Wells Fargo Bank, 1777 W. 38th Ave., Denver.
- 11/23/2012, Friday, 12:25 p.m. - TFC Bank, 640 16th St., Denver.
- 12/10/2012, Monday, 12:00 p.m. - Wells Fargo Bank, 1777 W. 38th Ave. Denver.
If you recognize the suspect, you're asked to call the FBI Rocky Mountain Safe Streets Task Force at 303-629-7171 or Crime Stoppers at 720-913-STOP (7867).