Swimmer Missy Franklin to sign letter of intent to attend University of California, Berkeley
Last Updated: 188 days ago
AURORA, Colo. - Olympic swimming star Missy Franklin will officially sign her letter of intent on Wednesday to swim at the University of California.
Franklin is one of eight women from Regis Jesuit High School who are signing letters of intent to play sports at the college level as part of National Signing Day.
"Committed to swim at Cal Berkeley! I am officially a baby Golden Bear?????? I am so honored to be a part of such a special team! #GoBears," Franklin tweeted last month.
Cal coach Teri McKeever directed the women's team in the London Olympics, where Franklin won the 100- and 200-meter backstroke events, relay golds in the 400 medley and 800 freestyle, and a bronze in the 400 freestyle relay.
Cal couldn't t comment on the commitment until Franklin signed the letter of intent.
Other Regis Jesuit Girls Division Signees (as of 11.08.12):
- Katherine Blumhardt – University of Oregon – Lacrosse
- Courtney Gielow – University of California, Berkeley – Lacrosse
- Rory Graham – University of Tulsa – Rowing
- Maddy Krause – University of Colorado – Lacrosse
- Delaney Lanker – Northeastern University – Swimming
- Erin Schilmoeller – University of Oregon – Lacrosse
- Erin Sungelo – Yale University – Lacrosse
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.