Smoker's clothes catch fire after he lights cigarette at Denver auto body shop

DENVER - A worker's clothes caught on fire after he lit a cigarette at an auto body shop in Denver Sunday morning.

Other workers nearby were siphoning gas from a vehicle into a bucket at Saul's Automotive when the man lit the cigarette, the Denver Fire Department confirmed. His pants caught on fire and he ran inside the shop at 2130 South Bellaire Street to get a fire extinguisher. 

The man was not seriously burned, and did not need to go to the hospital for treatment, but the flames spread to the building.

Other workers grabbed a second fire extinguisher to help battle the flames before they called the fire department, officials said.

Get breaking news on your phone, download the free 7NEWS app for iPhone/iPads, Android and Kindle. And follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Print this article Back to Top