LITTLETON, Colo. - Six candidates, including a current division chief, are being considered to take the helm of the Littleton Fire Rescue Department after the current chief retires.
John Mullin, who became chief in 2004, will retire on Dec. 31. Littleton City Manager Michael Penny announced Monday that these six people are candidates to replace Mullin.
- Christopher Armstrong, former division chief, City of Miramar, Florida
- Joseph Bruce, chief, North Metro Fire Rescue, Arvada, Colorado
- Gary Curmode, chief, Sedgwick County Fire District 1, Park City, Kansas
- Jack McArthur, chief, City of Yuma, Arizona
- Thomas Solberg, director of fire service training, Montana State University
- Wayne Zygowicz, division chief, Littleton Fire Rescue
The candidates will all be interviewed on Dec. 9. The city said the process will include interviews with five panels, including department directors, existing command staff, other staff members, fire department partners and a group of citizens.