Propane explosion injures construction worker in Cherry Hills Village

CHERRY HILLS VILLAGE, Colo. - A construction worker was injured Thursday when propane exploded outside a home in Cherry Hills Village.

Witnesses told 7NEWS that crews are building a new pool at a home.

They were reportedly using a large-capacity heater to warm up the tile when the propane leaked or wasn't turned off and filled an area under some plastic.

When the worker went to light the propane heater, it ignited the propane in the area and there was an explosion, witnesses said.

One worker suffered injuries to his hands and face and was taken to a nearby hospital. There is no word yet on his condition.

Print this article Back to Top