GREELEY, Colo. - A flood warning for the Poudre River near Greeley has been extended through Sunday.
National Weather Service says the river was still nearly a foot above flood stage at 8.8 feet on Thursday morning. In addition, continued warm weather and expected rainfall Thursday and Friday could make the problem worse.
The river's rise is expected to be gradual, with no flash flooding predicted.
The flooding has caused several road and trail closures in Weld County:
- 71st Avenue at the Poudre River (no through traffic), Use 59th Avenue
- 83rd Avenue at the Poudre River
- 95th Avenue at the Poudre River
- 6th Avenue from the Poudre River bridge to 3rd Street
- Sheep Draw Open Space
- Poudre River Trail from 25th Avenue west to Windsor
- 71st Avenue Poudre trailhead, open space and parking lot
Poudre Ponds Recreational Fishery