DENVER - Firefighters are investigating a fire that ripped through a pet grooming business, injuring one person and killing two pets.
The fire started late Tuesday night inside Bill's Clips & Collars at 2100 S. Albion Street.
Heavy flames were coming from the rear of the building when crews arrived, according to Chief Tony Berumen with the Denver Fire Department.
Firefighters quickly put out the fire, but two animals being boarded at the shop were killed.
"We had individuals who had self-evacuated. One of those individuals was transported (to the hospital) for
smoke inhalation. We're not sure what their current condition is," said Berumen.
Animal control officers helped removed the surviving animals but officials were not sure how many pets may have survived. Animal control officers will notify pet owners.