DENVER - An alert neighbor is being credited with helping save a townhouse in Westminster early Sunday morning.
The neighbor spotted the fire in the 3500 block of 97th Avenue at 3:06 a.m. and called authorities.
Westminster Police officers were first on the scene, they said they saw flames coming from the exterior of the townhouse from the roof and around the chimney.
Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the chimney and chimney box.
"The reporting party played a very important role in reporting this fire early, while it was still contained to the chimney," city of Westminster officials said.
The cause of the fire is under investigated, but officials said it is likely related to the use of the fireplace.
No one was hurt, but the two people living in the townhouse were displaced.