DENVER - The Meet in the Streets event offers free, family-friendly activities on the 16th Street Mall all day Sunday.
Events take place along the length of the 16th Street Mall from Broadway to Wynkoop Street, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Free face painting (near Curtis Street)
- Dueling pianos (at Stout Street)
- Free photo booth (between Welton Street and Glenarm Place)
- Bike decorating station (at Curtis)
- Free games like giant chess and checkers by Larimer Street and Ping Pong and Foosball throughout the Mall
Kids can also try their hand at painting a piano (at Stout.)
“Meet in the Street encourages people to get outside, walk, bike, eat and enjoy the 16th Street Mall in a new and different way,” promoters said.
You can also watch a new piece of street art being painted at 16th and Curtis. Artists are using permanent street-grade paint to create a design that is expected to last a year or more. (See photos for a peek of the finished design.)
The free MallRide Shuttles will not be running, allowing pedestrians to walk safely in the shady street.