Man dies, rest of family escapes house fire in Aurora
Last Updated: 157 days ago
AURORA, Colo. - An overnight fire took the life of a man in Aurora on Thursday.
Firefighters said when they arrived on East 26th Avenue near Sable Boulevard and Cottonwood Park they found heavy smoke and flames coming from the second floor of a home.
Capt. Allen Robnett with Aurora Fire said five people escaped the fire, but one man did not.
Robnett said when firefighters found him, the man was already dead.
It was initially thought that the five family members who escaped the fire were OK. However, two hours later, more ambulances were called to a neighbor's home. Robnett said each of the five were being transported to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.
Aurora Fire investigators have ruled the fire an accident, but they did not release any other details. A neighbor told 7NEWS that family members said a space heater started the fire.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.