GREELEY, Colo. - City workers in Greeley closed another street on Tuesday because of high water.
Spring snow melt and recent, heavy rain storms have sent the Cache La Poudre River up, flooding several intersections and trails.
Tuesday, officials closed 6th Avenue from the Poudre River Bridge to 3rd Street.
That closure is in addition to previous closures:
- 71st Avenue at the Poudre River (no through traffic) - Use 59th Avenue
- 83rd Avenue at the Poudre River
- 95th Avenue at the Poudre River
- Sheep Draw Open Space
- Poudre River Trail from 35th Avenue west to Windsor
- 71st Avenue Poudre trialhead, open space and parking lot
See the latest closures list on Greeley's website.
The National Weather Service showed the Cache la Poudre River at 8.75 feet Monday night. The area is affected by several flood advisories:
- Until 7:15 p.m. May 27: Along the Cache La Poudre, Big Thompson and St. Vrain Rivers
- Until 3 a.m. May 28: In Greeley along the Cache La Poudre River
- Until 9:30 p.m. May 29: Jackson and Grand Counties
- Until noon June 2: Along the South Platte River near Kersey