High school football player Aaron Henrie fights for life after carbon monoxide exposure
Teammate Reid Gates killed by gas
Last Updated: 90 days ago
DENVER - A high school football player is fighting for his life after being exposed to carbon monoxide in an incident that killed his friend and teammate.
Aaron Henrie is listed in critical condition at Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children in Denver.
Henrie was with friends and Cedaredge High School teammates Tyler Cooper and Reid Gates watching movies in a camper Sunday in Delta County.
Delta County Sheriff Fred McKee said the teens apparently went to sleep when something caused them to be exposed to carbon monoxide.
It appears the odorless, colorless, deadly gas came from a generator, according to the Grand Junction Daily Sentinel.
Gates died. Henrie and Cooper were taken to the hospital. Cooper was listed in good condition at last report.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.