DENVER – The Brewers Association released its annual list of the 50 biggest craft breweries in terms of sales volume and five Colorado companies made the list.
New Belgium Brewing Company of Fort Collins, maker of Fat Tire and other popular beers, ranked the highest of the Colorado breweries at number four overall.
The other Colorado breweries to make the list were Oskar Blues, Odell, Left Hand and Avery Brewing, coming in at numbers 10, 27, 44 and 48, respectively.
The title of top craft brewery by volume goes to D. G. Yuengling & Son, Inc. of Pottsville, Pennsylvania.
Here are the Brewers Association’s top five breweries and where each Colorado brewery landed on the list:
1. D. G. Yuengling & Son, Inc. – Pottsville, PA
2. Boston Beer Co. – Boston, MA
3. Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. – Chico, CA
4. New Belgium Brewing Co. – Fort Collins, CO
5. Gambrinus – San Antonio, TX
10. Oskar Blues Brewing Holding Co. – Longmont, CO
27. Odell Brewing Co. – Fort Collins, CO
44. Left Hand Brewing Co. – Longmont, CO
48. Avery Brewing Co. – Boulder, CO
See the full list, as well as a map of where each brewery is located, in the photo below:
Image: Brewers Association
Read more about how the Brewers Association defines "craft" brewers here.