Firefighter hurt fighting house fire in Pine
Last Updated: 205 days ago
PINE, Colo. - An Elk Creek firefighter had to be taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation as he was fighting a fire near Pine Sunday morning.
The firefighter was part of a crew working a house fire on Ute Road at 5:30 a.m..
Fellow firefighters told 7NEWS the man's injuries are not severe. He is expected to make a full recovery and be released from the hospital soon.
"It appears that the fire originated in the chimney and spread into the attic of the structure," said Elk Creek Fire Public Information Officer Michael Davis. "There was substantial structural damage to the home."
No other injuries were reported.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.