DOUGLAS COUNTY, Colo. - Campfires, fireworks and the use of portable fireplaces are now banned on unincorporated Douglas County land and within the Town of Parker.
Douglas County Sheriff David Weaver announced the ordinance enacting the State 2 restrictions just before 1 p.m. Friday afternoon and the announcement from the Town of Parker followed about an hour later.
Under Stage 2 restrictions, Prohibited activities are:
- Open burning of any kind.
- Use of fireworks- including professional firework displays
- Use of fires in chimineas, other portable fireplaces or patio fire pits.
- Campfires at developed campgrounds or picnic areas.
The restrictions allow:
- Fires within liquid-fueled or gas-fueled stoves, grills, fire pits or other gas or liquid fueled appliance.
- Residential use of charcoal grill fires when such use is supervised by a responsible party at least 18 years of age.
- Fires contained within fire places and wood burning stoves within buildings only
- Fire suppression or fire department training fires.