LAKEWOOD, Colo. - A fire forced four people out of a duplex in Lakewood Sunday night.
The fire was reported just before 11:30 p.m. at 5352 West 17th Ave. That's a few blocks northwest of W. Colfax Ave. and Sheridan Blvd.
"[I] started smelling really thick smoke and looked out my bedroom window and the flames, like two doors down, were jumping all over the place," Susan Isabel told 7NEWS. "I just started freaking out and running to call my neighborhood and try to see if everybody was getting out."
"It was really worse in the back," Isabel said. "[The flames] were almost jumping to the trees."
One unit was destroyed. The second unit has smoke damage.
Investigators told 7NEWS they believe the fire started in the central heating system.
No one was hurt in the fire.
The Red Cross offered assistance, but everyone displaced by the fire had friends or relatives to stay with.